Thursday, March 12, 2009

SNAKE!

Tuesday night, while all of the kids were getting ready for bed my dad called and said there was a snake in the house! We all went down to see this snake that was about 13 in long and about as thick as your pinkie. It was scary until my dad picked it up with his gloves and let us pet it. After we put it outside my dad looked it up on the computer. It was a Texas Brown Snake, completely harmless, good house pets, and can't bite. It was really cool and my dad said if we found another one we could keep it for a couple days.
Daddy catching the snake

the snake


3 comments:

  1. Wow, how fun to find that snake. Have you found another one that you can keep for a few days? Sorry about your camping trip, but it looked like a fun day at Brazos Bend. I don't think I could be aroung that many alligators and not be freeked out. The racoon looked fun to see. What have you done with your extra time that you aren't camping?

    Grandma Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw one like that when we were walking to school one day and my kids thought it was a worm... they were pretty shocked when I told them it was a snake.

    ReplyDelete